Inventory Unit Detail
2018 Polaris Industries 550 INDY ADVENTURE 144 ES (S18CEE5BSL)
The INDY® Adventure 144 snowmobile is perfect for riders that need a sled that can do it all – versatility at a great value. It rides well on and off-trails, solo or with a passenger, and can be configured with and without storage.
- PRO-RIDE™ Chassis: The INDY® is built on the proven PRO-RIDE™ Chassis that is 300% stiffer for precise, intuitive handling. The ideal choice for a nimble handling sled that’s fun to ride.
- Coil-Over Rear Suspension: Designed for better flotation and deep snow performance with improved on-trail ride. By eliminating the torsion springs and redesigning the torque arms, this skid weighs substantially less.
- Race-Proven Front Suspension: Lighter steering, sharper cornering. Developed in conjunction with the Polaris Racing program. Its performance and durability were proven in extensive on- and off-track testing.
- 550 Fan Engine: Proven, dependable two-stroke engine with NiCaSil-lined cylinders provides trail cruising power in a lightweight package.
- CVTech Powerbloc 50/Invance Clutching: All INDY® models powered by the Polaris 550 fan-cooled engine use the new CVTech Powerbloc 50 drive clutch paired with the Invance driven clutch. This clutching delivers smooth engagement, enhanced low-speed drivability and quieter operation. These durable clutches have a maintenance-free design and are easy to tune while installed on the sled.
- Electric Start: Start your sled with the turn of the key. Nothing beats the ease and convenience of electric start.
- Lock & Ride® Convertible Passenger Seat: The modular design seat allows 2-up flexibility when combined with the Adventure rear rack system.
- Adventure Cargo System - Aluminum Rack, Lock & Ride® Saddlebags: The Adventure Cargo System features a rear Aluminum Rack that can hold cargo and holds the innovative Lock & Ride® Saddlebags. These spacious bags can be installed or removed in seconds, without tools. They lock securely onto the sides of the rack and provide convenient, protected storage that expands every rider’s travel options. The spacious saddlebags - they provide 966 cu. in. of storage per bag - feature removable liners with zippered access and handles so the liners can be carried, loaded with gear, to and from the sled.
- INDY® PRO-RIDE™ Seat: A wider surface right where a rider plants for seated riding provides enhanced comfort during long days on the snow, and the seat design allows easy transition between seated and standing positions.
- RydeFX® MPV Shocks: RydeFX® shocks provide a great foundation for ride and handling with the PRO-RIDE™ chassis.
- Tall Windshield & Wind Deflectors: Less wind = a warmer ride. Designed for excellent coverage, this tall smoked windshield directs wind and snow up and around the rider while the side panel-mounted wind deflectors force wind and snow outward, away from the rider.
- Extreme Front Bumper: Lightweight, aluminum front bumper features extra protection for wherever your Adventure takes you.
- One-Piece Handlebar: The new one-piece handlebar features clean, durable construction. It enhances ergonomics with full-length grips that improve comfort and control, and the heater elements extend to the ends of the bar for greater hand comfort.
- Handlebar & Steering Post Angle: New INDY® 550 design - 15 degree flatter steering post angle developed for sitdown and standup riding comfort and flexibility.
- Fuel Capacity (Litres): 11.5 / 43.5
- Overall Height (in./mm.): 54 / 137
- Overall Width (in./mm.): 48 / 122
- Person Capacity: 2
- Ski Center Distance (in./cm.): 42.5 / 108
- Estimated Dry Weight (pounds/kg): 498 / 226
- Overall Length (in./mm.): 124 / 315
- Disc Brake Type: RMK® Hydraulic
- Drive System Type: Chaincase
- Drive/Driven Clutch: CVTech PowerBloc50 / Invance
- Exhaust: Single
- Fuel System: Carbureted
- Ignition: CDI
- Engine Type/Cooling: Fan Cooled
- Cylinders-Displacement (cc): 2 - 544
- Bore x Stroke (mm): 73 x 65
- Front Shocks: RydeFX® MPV
- Front Suspension: PRO-RIDE™
- Front Track Shock: RydeFX® MPV
- Front Travel (in./cm.): 7.1 / 18
- Rear Suspension: INDY®
- Rear Track Shock: RydeFX® MPV
- Rear Travel (in./cm.): 14.1 / 35.8
- Ski Type: PRO-STEER
- Track Width/Length/Height (in.): 15 x 144 x 1.35 Cobra
- 12v Outlet: Accessory
- Color / Graphics: Black Pearl
- Electric Start: Standard
- Fuel Gauge: Mechanical
- Hand & Thumb Warmers: Standard Adjustable
- Heated Passenger Grips: N/A
- Mirrors: Standard
- Rear Rack/Tow Hitch: Standard / Accessory
- Reverse: PERC®
- Seat Type: INDY® PRO-RIDE™, Lock & Ride® Pass.
- Security System: N/A
- Speedometer: Digital
- Storage System: Standard
- Tachometer: Digital
- Temp/Low Oil Light: Low Oil Light
- Windshield: PRO-RIDE™ Tall 20", Smoke
- Handlebar Type: Utility Mid One Piece
- Riser Type: 3.5" (89mm) Fixed
- Engine Type
- Bore x Stroke
- 73 x 65 mm
- Engine Cooling
- Brake Type
- RMK® Hydraulic
- Drive Clutch
- CVTech PowerBloc50
- Driven Clutch
- Front Suspension
- Front Shock: RydeFX® MPV; Suspension: PRO-RIDE®; Front Track Shock: RydeFX® MPV
- Front Travel
- 7.1 in. (18 cm)
- Rear Suspension
- Suspension: INDY®; Rear Track Shock: RydeFX® MPV
- Rear Travel
- 14.1 in. (35.8 cm)
- Ski Type
- Ski Stance
- 42.5 in. (108 cm)
- Track Type
- Track Dimensions
- 15 x 144 x 1.35 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 11.5 gal. (43.5 L)
- Dry Weight
- 498 lb. (226 kg)
- PRO-RIDE® Tall 20 in., Smoke
- Black Pearl
- Electric Start
- Hand & Thumb Warmers
- Standard Adjustable