Inventory Unit Detail
2019 Yamaha SIDEWINDER X-TX SE 141 SW1NXS60KW
Bemidji Sports Centre
SIDEWINDER X-TX SE 141 SW1NXS60KW
Cross Country Comfortably.
The Sidewinder X‑TX SE 141 cross‑over leans more towards the cross country rider with its full width 42 in. front end and vedrsatile 141 x 1.6 in. track.
- 998 Genesis Turbo Engine: The boosted, one liter triple is unmatched when it comes to delivering incredible power with the refinement and quality you have come to expect from a Yamaha. Designed around a premium turbo unit, every engine component from the pressed forged crank to the cast steel exhaust manifold is dedicated to producing uncompromised performance. The proven Yamaha engine has earned the respect and reputation befitting the industries highest achiever. This engine produces the potent venom in the Sidewinder's bite.
- YSRC High Performance Clutch System: The YSRC primary and roller secondary clutches are recalibrated with a new helix for durable, cooler operation. They harness and transfer the massive torque produced by the Genesis Turbo, efficiently to the track while minimizing drive belt wear. The primary shifts out aggressively to use all the power on tap while the roller secondary is quick to back-shift and provides additional ratio through its oversize sheaves to keep accelerating long after the others have signed off.
- FOX Zero QS3 Front Shocks: The 3-way adjustable FOX QS3 front shocks allow for easy ride settings from plush to firm for a wide variety of terrain and riding style by simply adjusting the large knob on the resevoir body. Additional features include the special icescraper sealing system, high-flow, velocity sensitive damping, beefy 1.5 shaft diameter and hard anodized components.
- 1.6-inch Cobra Track: Blending the best of on-trail bite and off-trail flotation and traction, the 1.6- inch lug Cobra™ track is a key contributor to Sidewinder X-TX SE 141 versatile make-up. The 141 length combined with the unique Cobra lug pattern give the Sidewinder X-TX SE 141 a good balance between cornering grip and straight line acceleration.
- High Tech, Liquid Cooled Turbo: The nickel alloy turbine body is extremely strong and precise, able to withstand highly elevated temperatures. Engine coolant is circulated through the turbocharger to control both underhood temperature and help cool the intake charge. Upon engine shut down, the convection energy produced by super-heated coolant at the turbo head keeps it circulating without the coolant pump in operation. This eliminates the need for an engine cool down cycle while maintaining high durability in the turbo component.
- Mitsubishi Electronic Control Unit: The Yamaha-developed Mitsubishi ECU uses a series of 9 sensors to gather running condition data which it computes using a predetermined memory "map". It then adjusts ignition timing, fuel delivery, manifold air-pressure and turbo boost pressure to produce maximum performance under any condition - reliably.
- Triple Throttle Body Induction: Yamaha wanted an engine that's exceptionally quick to respond with little or no "lag" as found in a conventional turbo. One of the ways they achieved their goal was to develop an intake system using three separate throttle bodies positioned very close to the intake valves, instead of just one feeding long intake tubes — something that is not seen in any other production turbo on the planet. And another first for Yamaha with the Genesis turbo.
- Electronic Air Bypass Valve (ABV): Unlike conventional turbo "blow-off" valves, the Yamaha ABV redirects air pressure back into the intake side of the compressor to prevent surge and help maintain impeller speed, always at the ready for the next acceleration with seamless power delivery.
- Centralized Mass Design: The SRV chassis layout was engineered with the goal of centralizing mass. Approximately 60 percent of the sled's weight is tightly centered within the main triangulation. The result is a quick-handling, well balanced sled, that's fun to throw around in a wide variety of conditions.
- SRV Front Suspension: The SRV front suspension geometry is aimed at managing spindle camber, resulting in minimized bump-steer and maximized cornering bite giving rider confidence in varying trail conditions. The A-Arms are mounted at a 30-degree angle from the sled's centerline to efficiently dissipate impact force throughout the entire chassis. Likewise, the front shocks mount directly to the leading spar so that trail forces are routed to the strongest part of the chassis. Wide A-Arm spacing minimizes flex and stress in the front suspension system, which means consistent and confident corner handling.
- Lightweight, Rigid SRV Chassis: The SRV chassis combines a load-bearing triangulated structure with lightweight aluminum construction to create a neutrally balanced sled that's centered on the rider. The pyramidal upper frame creates chassis strength without excessive weight.
- Tuner III Skis: The latest version of the Yamaha Tuner Ski is lightweight and designed for precise handling response. A wide selection of carbides can be combined to dial the tuner to fit any riding style. Replaceable ski tips are available in multiple colors for additional customization.
- Plush Trail Seat: Special hi-density foam is sculpted to aid easy transition from seated to standing and shaped to allow maximum rider mobility from side to side. Its durometer is firm with just the right amount of comfort for long days in the saddle and its grippy surface helps hold you in position when grabbing a handful of throttle.
- Dual Shock SR 141 Rear Suspension: The unique Dual Shock SR 141 rear suspension eliminates the bulky torsion springs, incorporating a full complement of FOX® Zero QS3 adjustable, coil-over shock absorbers. The open and clean look of the suspension allows snow to evacuate quickly and easily, eliminating build up and unwanted weight. In addition, the uncoupled design delivers excellent flotation and conforms to terrain in order to deliver optimum traction while maintaining a playful ride character. A new solid rear axle equipped with newly designed rear wheels and forward, outboard mounted idlers ensure greater durability for the long haul.
- NEW Stealth Control System: The handle bar controls feature a left hand switch cluster which allows for "on the fly" access to the new multi-step hand and thumb warmer adjusters. Information available on the multi-function gauge can be easily selected with a convenient toggle switch and the push button reverse gear switch is also located in the left hand cluster. The right side of the bar is clean with a new egonomically shaped throttle lever and simple, stand-alone emergency stop switch. A new Hayes brake cylinder equipped with a composite "shortie" brake lever provides greater modulation for better feel and powerful stopping performance.
- 42 Inch Stance - SRV Front Suspension: The SRV front suspension geometry is aimed at managing spindle camber, resulting in minimized bump-steer and maximized cornering bite giving rider confidence in varying trail conditions. The A-Arms are mounted at a 30-degree angle from the sled's centerline to efficiently dissipate impact force throughout the entire chassis. Likewise, the front shocks mount directly to the leading spar so that trail forces are routed to the strongest part of the chassis. Wide A-arm spacing minimizes flex and stress in the front suspension system, which means consistent and confident corner handling.
- Engine Type: Turbo 4-Stroke / 998cc
- Engine Class: Ultra Performance
- Clutch/Transmission: YSRC
- Fuel Delivery: Electronic Fuel Injection
- Fuel Capacity: 8.9 gal. (33.6 L)
- Front Suspension: Independent, Double Wishbone
- Front Shocks: Fox® 1.5 Zero™ QS3®
- Front Travel: 10 in. (254mm)
- Ski Type: Tuner III
- Rear Suspension: Dual Shock SR 137
- Rear Shock(s): Fox® 2.0 Zero™ QS3
- Rear Travel: 13.5 in. (343mm)
- Center Shock: Fox® 1.5 Zero™ QS3®
- Track / W x L x H: 15 x 141 x 1.6in (381 x 3479 x 40.6mm)
- Track Type: Camso® Cobra®
- Ski Stance (ctr to ctr): 42 in. (1067mm) adjustable
- Electric Start: Standard
- Reverse: Standard
- Headlight: LED
- DC Output: Automotive
- Heated Seat: Accessory
NOTES:Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models. The riders depicted on this website are professionals and all of the action was shot on a closed course. At Yamaha, we want every ride to be safe and enjoyable. Always dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Ride responsibly and always ride within your capabilities, allowing time and distance for maneuvering, and respect others around you. Know the conditions. Observe all state and local laws. Never drive or ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs; it is illegal and dangerous. Always inspect your Yamaha before riding. Read the Owner's Manual and the product warning labels before operation.
- Engine Type
- Turbo 4-Stroke
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- Front Suspension
- Independent, Double Wishbone
- Front Travel
- 10 in. (254mm)
- Rear Suspension
- Dual Shock SR 137
- Rear Travel
- 13.5 in. (343mm)
- Ski Type
- Tuner III
- Ski Stance
- 42 in. (1067mm) adjustable
- Track Type
- Camso® Cobra®
- Fuel Capacity
- 8.9 gal. (33.6 L)
- Electric Start